Wines To Drink With Your Mom

Mother’s Day is all about giving thanks to the wonderful women in our lives, and what better way to celebrate than with a bottle of Whitehall Lane? Give your mom the gift of wine by following our guide to the best wines to enjoy together this Sunday.

Try Something Complex

Our 2014 Carneros Chardonnay is a unique balance between crisp fruit flavors and toasted oak. This wine was barrel fermented in 75% French Burgundian oak barrels and 25% stainless steel barrels, which gives it its toasty flavor. However, it’s not all oak – our Chardonnay is balanced with honeyed tropical fruits and a tanginess of tart apple and lemon. It’s balanced richness and crisp bite of fruit flavors makes it a unique yet easy-to-drink choice for the mom who is looking for something different to sip on. Serve with roasted chicken for a well-rounded Mother’s Day dinner.

Pour A Refreshing Varietal

Looking for a wine that will give your mom a cool, refreshing balance of flavors? Our 2015 Sauvignon Blanc was fermented 70 / 30 – 70% of the grapes were fermented in stainless steel tanks and the remaining 30% in new French Oak. If your mom gravitates towards wines that are full of zest, she’ll love our 2015 Sauvignon Blanc for its lemon, apple and sweet melon flavors. Enjoy this wine with a simple green salad for a light and refreshing pairing.

Satisfy Her Sweet Tooth

If your mom is into sweet flavors our 2013 Belmuscato dessert wine is the perfect bottle to open this Mother’s Day. Made from 100% Orange Muscat grapes, this wine is sweet and fruity while being surprisingly versatile. Its flavor profile features notes of orange citrus, ripe peach, apricot, sweet honey, and a little bit of spiciness. Its sweet yet crisp taste makes it the ideal wine to enjoy after dinner, on a Sunday picnic, or served alongside a decadent brunch.

Categories: Holidays